Monday, December 12, 2011

Byron Bay

In short:

I'm off for the week in Byron Bay for workshops held by my host/the artistic director of Restless Dance.  Ergo, internet frequency and use may be close to none [Uganda].  Hurray!  To leave you with some food for thought, here's what I've learned/done during my last week in Adelaide, all of which may or may not be further described in later posts.
  • I've eaten kangaroo steak.
  • I've come to the conclusion that I am terribly behind in technical dance, but that doesn't mean much.
  • I've learned a considerable amount of Australian slang, but next to none of the accent.
  • I've watched the final performances of two classes at AC Arts, and left jealous.
  • I've gone to the South Australian Museum and Art Gallery.
  • I've eaten at Hungry Jack's [which bears an uncanny resemblance to Burger King] and people watched.
  • I've received public transportation advice from a bogan, who didn't try to rob or stab me.
  • I've heard meaningful life advice from professional dancers and actors.
  • I've performed with dancers with down syndrome.
  • I've sang in a group, not unlike a caroling group, in the middle of a mall.
  • I've cooked a dinner of pork loin roll, baked plums, and green beans with sunflower seeds, successfully and succulently.
  • I've frolicked around many black swans.
  • I've been to the Napa Valley of Australia, and most days of the week, I get to enjoy the wine this land offers.
  • Finally, I've lost the charger to my camera battery in Uganda.  Ergo, pictures and video documenting may be impaired for a bit.
Toodles.


[ Off ]

No comments:

Post a Comment