I'm off for the week in Byron Bay for workshops held by my host/the artistic director of Restless Dance. Ergo, internet frequency and use may be close to none [Uganda]. Hurray! To leave you with some food for thought, here's what I've learned/done during my last week in Adelaide, all of which may or may not be further described in later posts.
- I've eaten kangaroo steak.
- I've come to the conclusion that I am terribly behind in technical dance, but that doesn't mean much.
- I've learned a considerable amount of Australian slang, but next to none of the accent.
- I've watched the final performances of two classes at AC Arts, and left jealous.
- I've gone to the South Australian Museum and Art Gallery.
- I've eaten at Hungry Jack's [which bears an uncanny resemblance to Burger King] and people watched.
- I've received public transportation advice from a bogan, who didn't try to rob or stab me.
- I've heard meaningful life advice from professional dancers and actors.
- I've performed with dancers with down syndrome.
- I've sang in a group, not unlike a caroling group, in the middle of a mall.
- I've cooked a dinner of pork loin roll, baked plums, and green beans with sunflower seeds, successfully and succulently.
- I've frolicked around many black swans.
- I've been to the Napa Valley of Australia, and most days of the week, I get to enjoy the wine this land offers.
- Finally, I've lost the charger to my camera battery in Uganda. Ergo, pictures and video documenting may be impaired for a bit.
[ Off ]